UKsteam.info - WSR stock list
[WSR Stock - Updated 22-Feb-08]
WSR index page
[WSR Index Page]

LOCOMOTIVES AND ROLLING STOCK

This page gives summary details of locomotives, coaches and freight stock on the West Somerset Railway. Full details area available in the official West Somerset Railway Stock Book by Keith Smith, published by the West Somerset Railway Association. The current edition (correct as at 1 Nov 1995) costs £3.25.

Index




STEAM LOCOMOTIVES

Resident WSR locomotives
Class Number Miles  Notes
GWR 64xx class 0-6-0PT 6412 43,043 (BL) Withdrawn for overhaul Sep-07 (Loco portrait)
GWR 45xx class 2-6-2T 4561 47,862 (BL) Awaiting overhaul - on display at Steam Museum, Swindon
GWR 4575 class 2-6-2T 5542 ---  (BL) In service, at SDR in 2006, GWSR 2007
GWR 5101 class 2-6-2T 4160 49,043 (MD) In service
GWR 2884 class 2-8-0 3850 ---  (BL) In service
GWR 78xx class 4-6-0 7820 "Dinmore Manor" 39,361 (MD) Withdrawn for overhaul 2004. (Loco portrait)
GWR 78xx class 4-6-0 7828 "Odney Manor" 23,240 (MD) Withdrawn for overhaul 2002.
WSR 9351 class 2-6-0 9351 ---  (MD) Rebuilt from GWR 5101 Class 2-6-2T no 5193 to form a new class conceived but never built by GWR. Entered service in September 2004.
       
SR   WC class 4-6-0 34046 "Braunton" ---  (BL) Under restoration at Williton. Return to service due in 2008
SDJR 7F class 2-8-0 53808 (S&D no 88) 49,303 (MD) Returned to service in Winter 2005/06 after an extensive overhaul.
BR 4MT class 2-6-4T 80136 ---  (--) In service, arrived Jun 03. Withdrawn for overhaul Autumn 2007.
       
Peckett 0-4-0ST 1788 "Kilmersdon" 391 (MD) In service

(MD)/(BL) indicates whether loco currently faces Minehead or Bishops Lydeard.
Loco mileages are correct to 31/12/1999
[Return to top]


Visiting steam locomotives due in 2008
Class Number Miles  Notes
GWR 2884 class 2-8-0 3802 6,714 Mar-08, from Llangollen
GWR 56xx class 0-6-2T 5619
---  (--) Mar-08
GWR 56xx class 0-6-2T 6695
---  (--) For contract repair from Swanage Railway (not in WSR service)
GWR 60xx class 4-6-0 6024 "King Edward I" ---  (--) May-08
GWR 78xx class 4-6-0 7822 "Foxcote Manor" (Visit cancelled) ---  (--) Mar 08 from Llangollen Railway
SR BB class 4-6-2 34007 "Wadebridge" (Visit cancelled) -- (MD) Mar 08
SR BB class 4-6-2 34067 "Tangmere" (Visit cancelled) -- (MD) Mar 08 on railtour
SR MN class 4-6-2 35011 "General Steam Navigation" -- (--) Unrestored, for contract work at Williton
SR MN class 4-6-2 35028 "Clan Line" -- (--) Jul 08 on railtour
LMS class 5MT 4-6-0 45110 -- (--) Mar 06
LMS class 6XP 0-8-0 45690 "Leander" (Visit cancelled) -- (--) Mar 08
LMS class 7F 0-8-0 49395 -- (MD) Mar 08
LMS class 8P 4-6-2 46233 "Duchess of Sutherland" -- (--) Aug 08 on railtour
LNER B1 class 4-6-2 60009 "Bittern" -- (--) Jul 08 on railtour
LNER A4 class 4-6-0 61264 -- (--) Feb 08 on mainline crew training

(MD)/(BL) indicates whether loco faces/faced Minehead or Bishops Lydeard
[Return to top]


Steam locos that have visited the WSR in preservation days New
Class                 Number Miles Notes
GWR (ex Port Talbot Railway) 0-6-0ST 813   (MD) Aug 2001, (BL) Sep 2001 from Severn Valley Railway
GWR 1366 class 0-6-0PT 1369   Jun 00 from SDR Buckfastleigh
Oct 03 from SDR Buckfastleigh
GWR 14xx class 0-4-2T 1450 732 Sep 96-Mar 97, Mar 98, Mar 05, Oct-Dec 07
GWR 15xx class 0-6-0T 1501 - Mar-Apr 02 from Severn Valley Railway
GWR 2251 class 0-6-0 3205 28,049 1987-1998. Currently based on South Devon Railway. Revisited WSR Sep-00
GWR 2884 class 2-8-0 3822 6,714 Mar-Oct 92, from GWS Didcot
GWR 34xx class 4-4-0 3440 "City of Truro" 1,128 Jul-Aug 92, Mar-Apr 05, Oct 07 from National Railway Museum, York
GWR 5101 class 2-6-2T 4141   (BL) Sep 00, Mar 03 from Llangollen Railway
GWR 5101 class 2-6-2T 4144   (MD) Jul-Sep 00 from GWS Didcot
GWR 42xx class 2-8-0 4247   (BL) Jul 2001 - ?, Mar 07
GWR 42xx class 2-8-0 4277 10,813 May 95 - Oct 96, Apr 99 - Sep 99
GWR 57xx class 0-6-0T 4612 ---  (BL) Mar 05, from Bodmin
GWR 49xx class 4-6-0 4920 "Dumbleton Hall" 12,170 Jan 97- Oct 98, from South Devon Railway
GWR 49xx class 4-6-0 4936 "Kinlet Hall"   (MD) Mar-May 01, from BRM, Tyseley
Jul-Oct 03, Jun-Oct 04, Mar 05
GWR 4073 class 4-6-0 5029 "Nunney Castle"   (MD/BL) Mar-May 01 from ELR, Bury. Apr-Jun 05 (for repairs)
GWR 4073 class 4-6-0 5051 "Earl Bathurst"   (MD) Mar 00, Mar-May 02, May 03, Mar 05, Mar 07 from GWS Didcot
GWR 5101 class 2-6-2T 5164 ---  (MD) Oct 06 from Severn Valley Railway.
GWR 5101 class 2-6-2T 5193 ---  (MD) Acquired by WSR Plc from Steamport in unrestored condition. Later converted to a 2-6-0 Mogul tender engine 9351 (qv)
GWR 5101 class 2-6-2T 5199 ---  (MD) Sep-Oct 04 from Llangollen Railway.
GWR 5205 class 2-8-0 5224   (BL) Mar 02, Jul 02-? from ELR
GWR 4575 class 2-6-2T 5521 ---  1975-81, unrestored - not operational, Mar 07
GWR 4575 class 2-6-2T 5541 450 Mar 99, Sep 99 from Dean Forest Railway
GWR 4575 class 2-6-2T 5552   Mar 04 from Bodmin
GWR 4575 class 2-6-2T 5553   Aug-Sep 02, Sep 03-Jan 04, Mar 05-? from LNWR Crewe
GWR 4575 class 2-6-2T 5572 9,000 Aug-Dec 86, Mar-Dec 87, from GWS Didcot.
GWR 56xx class 0-6-2T 5637   Oct 03 from East Somerset Railway
GWR 57xx class 0-6-0T 5764   (BL) Mar 03, Jul-03 from Severn Valley Railway
GWR 57xx class 0-6-0T 5786   (BL) Mar 03, from South Devon Railway
GWR 60xx class 4-6-0 6024 "King Edward I" 449 Mar-May 97, Sep 98, Mar-May 00, Mar-May 01, Mar-May 05, Oct 06 from Tyseley/OOC
GWR 61xx class 2-6-2T 6106 7,097 Mar-Sep 91, May 93, from GWS Didcot
GWR 56xx class 0-6-2T 6619   Oct 07 from North Yorkshire Moors Railway
GWR 6959 class 4-6-0 6960 "Raveningham Hall"   (BL) Mar 02, from Gloucestershire Warwickshire Railway
GWR 6959 class 4-6-0 6990 "Witherslack Hall" 466 (BL) May 98, from Great Central Railway Loughborough
GWR 4073 class 4-6-0 7029 "Clun Castle"   (MD) Mar-Apr 97, from Birmingham Railway Museum
GWR 7321 class 4-6-0 7325 454 Mar 97, Mar 99, Mar 00 from Severn Valley Railway
GWR 57xx class 0-6-0T 7760   Mar 97, from BRM Tyseley
GWR 78xx class 4-6-0 7802 "Bradley Manor" 3,840 Jul-Sep 94, Mar 07 from SVR
GWR 78xx class 4-6-0 7821 "Ditcheat Manor" 323 Jun 98 - Sep 98
GWR 78xx class 4-6-0 7822 "Foxcote Manor" ---  (--) Mar 05, Mar 07 from Llangollen
GWR 94xx class 0-6-0T 9466 358 Mar-Apr 99, Mar 00, Mar-May 01, Sep-01, Sep-Oct 04, Mar 05 from Quainton Road
GWR 8750 class 0-6-0T 9681 1,365 May-Jun 98, from Dean Forest
 
SR M7 class 0-4-4T 30053   (MD) Mar 03, from Swanage Railway
SR Beattie well class 2-4-0T 30587   (BL) Sep-Oct 05, from Bodmin Railway
SR LN class 4-6-0 30850 "Lord Nelson"   (BL) Oct 06-Mar 07
LBSCR Terrier class 0-6-0T 32662 "Martello" ---  (BL) Oct-Dec 07 from Bressingham
LBSCR Terrier class 0-6-0T 32678 "Knowle" ---  In store on WSR 1976-83, Moved to Kent & East Sussex
(BL) Sep-Oct 04 from K&ESR
SR WC class 4-6-2 34007 "Wadebridge" --- Mar 07 from Bodmin
BR(S) WC class 4-6-2 34016 "Bodmin"   (MD) Sep 00, railtour from Mid Hants Rly
BR(S) WC class 4-6-0 34027 "Taw Valley"   Jun-Sep 97, from Southall.
(BL) Aug-Sep 00, from East Lancs
Mar 04 (as 34022) from Severn Valley
BR(S) WC class 4-6-2 34039 "Boscastle" 660 Mar-Apr 96, from Great Central Loughborough
BR(S) BB class 4-6-0 34053 "Sir Keith Park" ---  Purchased for provision of spares for 34046. Moved to WSR early 1997. In store at Williton 1997-2000. Unrestored. Sold 2000 to Southern Locomotives Ltd and moved away from WSR.
SR BB class 4-6-2 34067 "Tangmere" -- (MD) Mar 06
SR WC class 4-6-2 34105 "Swanage" 290 Mar 96
BR(S) MN class 4-6-2 35005 "Canadian Pacific" 290 Sep-Oct 05 from Mid Hants Rly
 
LMS 2MT class 2-6-2T 41312 282 Mar 99, Mar 03 from Mid Hants Railway
LMS 4MT class 2-6-0 42968 --- Oct 07 from Severn Valley Railway
LMS 4F class 0-6-0 44422 1,863 Mar-Jun 96, Mar 06, Mar-Dec 07 from Churnet Valley
LMS 5MT class 4-6-0 45110 6 Nov 98 from SVR Bridgnorth
LMS 5MT class 4-6-0 45231 6 Oct 06
LMS Class 5MT 4-6-0 45337   Jun 00, Jul-Oct 01 from East Lancs Rly
LMS 5MT class 4-6-0 45407 --- Mar 06 from ELR Bury
LMS Class 3F 0-6-0T 47383   Jul 00, Jun-Jul 01 from Severn Valley Rly
LMS 8F class 2-8-0 48773 7,694 Apr-Sep 93, Nov 98 from SVR Bridgnorth
LMS 7F class 0-8-0 49395 --- Sep-Oct 05 from LNWR Crewe
LMS(S&D) 7F class 2-8-0 53809 --- Mar 06 from MRC Butterley
 
LNE B1 class 4-6-0 61264   (BL) Mar-Apr 01
LNE J15 class 0-6-0 65462   (--) Mar 04
 
BR 7P class 4-6-2 70000 "Britannia" 126 Mar 96, from Nene Valley Railway
BR 8P class 4-6-2 71000 "Duke of Gloucester" 1,059 Jun-Sep 95
BR 5MT class 4-6-0 73096 266 (MD) Mar 96 (as 73052), Mar 99, from Mid Hants Railway
BR 5MT class 4-6-0 73129 --- (MD) Mar 06, from MRC Butterley
BR 4MT class 4-6-0 75069 7,308 Apr-Sep 94, from SVR Bridgnorth
BR 4MT class 2-6-0 76079 4,852 Mar-Sep 99, Mar 06 from East Lancs Railway
BR 80xxx class 2-6-4T 80136   (BL) Mar-Apr 01, Nov 01-Mar 02, Jun 03
BR class 9F 2-10-0 92203 -- (MD) Mar 06 from Glos & Warks Railway
BR 9F class 2-10-0 92212 40 Sep 99 from GCR Loughborough
BR 9F class 2-10-0 92214 -- (MD) Sep-Oct 04 from MRC Butterley
BR 9F class 2-10-0 92220 "Evening Star" 7,200 Mar 89 - Apr 90, from NRM York
 
Bagnall 0-4-0ST 3058 "Alfred" 78 Jun 93, Jul 94, Oct 94, Jul 95, Oct 95 from Bodmin
Bagnall 0-6-0ST 2994 "Vulcan" 25,772 1976-84, Moved to North Tyneside Railway
Bagnall 0-6-0ST 2996 "Victor" 24,121 1976-88, Moved to Strathspey Railway, now at Ruddington GCR(N)
Bagnall Fireless 0-4-0F 2473 "Huntley & Palmers no 1" ---  (MD) Unrestored. Long term resident. Sold and moved away in 2004.
Peckett 0-4-0ST 1163 "Whitehead" 303 1976-82, Moved to Southport
Avonside 0-6-0ST 1764 "Portbury" 10 1976-80, Moved to Bristol
Hunslet 0-6-0T 686 "Lady Armaghdale" 62 1998, 1999 from Severn Valley Railway (alias "Thomas")
Hudswell Clarke 0-6-0T 20 "Jennifer" 2,860 1982-93, Moved to ?
Hawthorn Leslie 0-6-0ST 3437 "Isabel" ---  (BL) Entered service early 2005 after overhaul at Washford. Sold in 2007.
Replica 0-4-0 1 "Locomotion" 10 1992

Loco mileages are correct to 31-Dec-99
[Return to top]



DIESEL LOCOMOTIVES

Resident WSR diesel locomotives
Class                 Number Notes
Class 52 C-C DH D1010 "Western Campaigner" In service (sometimes runs as D1035)
Class 35 B-B DH D7017 In service
Class 35 B-B DH D7018 Under overhaul at Williton
Class 33 Bo-Bo DE D6566 (33048) In service
Class 33 Bo-Bo DE D6575 (33057) "Seagull" Arrived 2005 Non operational - used for spares
Class 25 Bo-Bo DE D7523 (25173)"John F Kennedy" In service
Class 14 0-6-0 DH D9526 Arrived on WSR in 1984. In service
Class 08 0-6-0 DE D3462 (08377) In service
Class 04 0-6-0 DM D2205 (11106) In service
Class 04 0-6-0 DM D2271 In service
Class 03 0-6-0 DM D2119 (03119) "Linda" Under repair at Williton
Class 03 0-6-0 DM D2133 (03133) In service
Andrew Barclay 0-4-0 DH no 1 In service, based at Dunster
Andrew Barclay 0-4-0 DH no 2 In service, based at Dunster
Ruston Hornsby 0-4-0 DM no 24 In service, based at Washford
Bagnall 0-4-0 DE 501 Under overhaul at Williton, master unit
Bagnall 0-4-0 DE 512 In store at Williton, slave unit
Sentinel 0-4-0 DH 16 Arr Aug 2001

[Return to top]


Visiting diesel locomotives and units due in 2008
Class                 Number Notes

[Return to top]


Diesel locomotives that have visited WSR in preservation days
Class                 Number Notes
Class 73 Bo-Bo ED 73204/5/9 May 05, Diesel Gala from GBRf
Class 67 Bo-Bo DE 67002 Dec 04, Weston-Minehead charter
Class 67 Bo-Bo DE 67007 Mar 01, Bishops Lydeard-Paddington railtour
Class 67 Bo-Bo DE 67010 May 03, Bishops Lydeard XC weekend
Class 67 Bo-Bo DE 67017 Mar 05, Return Minehead-Paddington railtour
Class 67 Bo-Bo DE 67026 May 01, return Paddington-Minehead railtour
Class 66 Co-Co DE 66002 Dec 00, Bishops Lydeard-Bristol BH RES mail vans (2 trips)
Class 66 Co-Co DE 66061 Mar 01, Letchworth-Minehead excursion
Class 66 Co-Co DE 66083 Oct 00, Peterborough-Minehead excursion
Class 66 Co-Co DE 66093 Jan 00, delivery of wagons to Bishops Lydeard
Class 66 Co-Co DE 66132 Sep 02, on Finsbury Park-Minehead railtour
Class 66 Co-Co DE 66155 Mar 00, EWS stone trains
Class 66 Co-Co DE 66161 Mar 00, steam loco movements from Bishops Lydeard and EWS stone train
Class 66 Co-Co DE 66174 Dec 05, delivery of RES vans from Exeter Riverside to Bishops Lydeard
Class 66 Co-Co DE 66228 May 00, collection of wagons from Bishops Lydeard
Class 66 Co-Co DE 66620 Oct 05, transfer of HST power cars from Minehad to Landore, Freightliner HH
Class 66 Co-Co DE 66716 May 04, Diesel Gala GB Railfreight
Class 59 Co-Co DE 59001 Mar 00 on EWS stone train to Doniford
Class 59 Co-Co DE 59004 Feb 97, from Yeoman - DB Crew training
Class 59 Co-Co DE 59103 "Village of Mells" May 04, Diesel gala from Mendip Rail
Class 59/2 Co-Co DE 59201/203/206 Mar 00 on EWS stone train to Doniford
Class 59/2 Co-Co DE 59204 May 04 on Paddington-Minehead charter
Class 56 Co-Co DE 56119 Dec 01
Class 55 Co-Co DE 55019 (D9019) "Royal Highland Fusilier" Sep 98, Jun 99
Class 52 C-C DH D1023 "Western Fusilier" from NRM Apr-Sep 00
Class 52 C-C DH D1041 "Western Prince" from ELR Sep-Oct 95, May 97
Class 52 C-C DH D1062 "Western Courier" from SVR
Class 50 Co-Co DE 50007 "Sir Edwrad Elgar" May 05, diesel gala
Class 50 Co-Co DE 50015 "Valiant" Sep 98
Class 50 Co-Co DE 50017 "Royal Oak" (D417) To Crewe Jun 99
Class 50 Co-Co DE 50031 "Hood" Sep 98
Class 50 Co-Co DE 50044 "Exeter" (D444) Sep 98
Class 50 Co-Co DE 50149 "Defiance" (D449) On WSR until Oct99. Mar 05 on railtour
Class 50 Co-Co DE 50050 "Fearless" Jul 99 on railtour from Felixstowe
Class 47/0 Co-Co DE 47016 "Atlas" Apr 98, EWS Stone train
Class 47/0 Co-Co DE 47150 Sep 04, delivery of ex Virgin HST set to Minehead for storage
Oct 04, delivery of HST power car Derby-Minehead
Class 47/4 Co-Co DE 47475 Mar 98, RES loco on EWS stone train
Class 47 Co-Co D4 47703 Mar-Apr 06 from Fragonset on railtour ECS duties.
Class 47 Co-Co D4 47712 Mar 06 from Fragonset on ECS duties.
Class 47/7 Co-Co DE 47709 May 03 on Green Tours ?-Minehead charter working
Class 47/7 Co-Co DE 47725 "The Railway Mission" May 02 on Altrincham-Minehead charter working
Class 47/7 Co-Co DE 47726 May 01 on Crewe-Minehead ecs working
Class 47/7 Co-Co DE 47727 Aug 01 on Redhill-Minehead charter working
Class 47/7 Co-Co DE 47732 "Restormel" May 99 on Racal Belle special working
Mar 02 on Pathfinder Railtour, Aug 02 on railtour, May 03 XC weekend
Class 47/7 Co-Co DE 47733 Jul-Sep 96, RES crew training
Class 47/7 Co-Co DE 47749 "Atlantic College" (formerly D1660 "City of Truro") Jun 02, Glastonbury specials stabled at BL
Class 47/7 Co-Co DE 47761 Mar 01, on a Derby-Minehead Railtour as far as BL
Class 47/7 Co-Co DE 47763 Apr 98, on a Hooton-Minehead Railtour
Aug00, on a Crewe-Minehead Railtour
Class 47/7 Co-Co DE 47774 "Poste Restante" May 01, Minehead-Yeovil ECS
Class 47/7 Co-Co DE 47776 "Respected" Mar 99, Bishops Lydeard-Westbury return charter
Class 47/7 Co-Co DE 47785 "Fiona Castle" Jul 99, Stalybridge-Minehead charter
Class 47/7 Co-Co DE 47789 "Lindisfarne" Jun 02, Glastonbury specials stabled at BL
Class 47/8 Co-Co DE 47816 May 00, fGW engine delivering fGW HST coaches to Minehead
Jan 01, collection of fGW HST coaches from Minehead
Class 47/8 Co-Co DE 47832 May 05, Fragonset engine on railtour from NW
Class 46 1Co-Co1 DE D172 "Ixion" (46035) Sep 99, May 03 XC weekend
Class 45 1Co-Co1 DE D120 (45108) 96-May 97
Class 45 1Co-Co1 DE 45112 May 05 for diesel gala
Class 43 Bo-Bo DE HST power cars 43018/027/032/054/083/137/138/139 and several others on through trains
Class 43 Bo-Bo DE HST power cars 43093 Oct 04-Oct 05 Ex Virgin XC HST power car for storage at Minehead for First Group
Class 43 Bo-Bo DE HST power cars 43094 Oct 04 Ex Virgin XC HST power car for storage at Minehead for First Group
Class 43 Bo-Bo DE HST power cars 43123 Oct 04-Oct 05 Ex Virgin XC HST power car for storage at Minehead for First Group
Class 43 Bo-Bo DE HST power cars 43155 Oct 04 Ex Virgin XC HST power car for storage at Minehead for First Group
Class 43 Bo-Bo DE HST power cars 43198 Oct 04 Ex Midland Main Line HST power car for storage at Minehead for First Group
Class 42 B-B DH D821 "Greyhound" Oct 94, May 97 from SVR
Class 42 B-B DH D832 "Onslaught" Sep-Oct 95, May 97, Sep 99 from ELR
Class 40 1Co-Co1 DE 40145 (D345) Sep-Oct 95, Oct 94, Sep 99 from ELR
Class 37 Co-Co DE 37047 Apr-04, on Milton Keynes to Minehead tour with 37057
Class 37 Co-Co DE 37057 Apr-04, on Milton Keynes to Minehead tour with 37047
Class 37 Co-Co DE 37065 Sep-00, Daylight Railtour Bishops Lydeard-Westbury
Class 37 Co-Co DE 37190 May-05, Diesel gala
Class 37 Co-Co DE 37402 May 99, Regency Rail Tours charter Preston-Minehead with 37420
Class 37 Co-Co DE 37407 "Blackpool Tower" Mar 95, from BR
Class 37 Co-Co DE 37419 May 04, Diesel Gala from EWS
Class 37 Co-Co DE 37420 May 99, Regency Rail Tours charter Preston-Minehead with 37402
Class 37 Co-Co DE 37699 Oct-Nov 92, from BR
Class 37 Co-Co DE 37025/146/225/236/264/293/431/531/675, 37705/707/709/711/713/715/718/719, 37798/800/883/884/885/886/894/895/899 and many others Mar 97-Jun 98, EWS stone trains
Class 35 B-B DH D7076 May 97, from ELR
Class 33 Bo-Bo DE 33019/046 Oct 97, EWS Stone Train
Class 33 Bo-Bo DE 33103 May 04, Diesel gala from Fragonset with 33202
Class 33 Bo-Bo DE 33116 Jun 98, EWS Stone Train
Class 33 Bo-Bo DE 33119 Oct 97, EWS Stone Train
Class 33 Bo-Bo DE 33202 Aug 96, from BR
May 04, Diesel gala, from Fragonset
Class 33 Bo-Bo DE 33208 Aug 96, from BR
Class 33 Bo-Bo DE D6535 "Hertfordhsire Railtours"  
Class 31 A1A-A1A DE 31271 May 05 for diesel gala from Barrow Hill
Class 25 Bo-Bo DE D5222 (for overhaul) Dec 96-97
Class 25 Bo-Bo DE D5054 Sep 99
Class 20 Bo-Bo DE D8110 Oct 93, from SDR
Class 20 Bo-Bo DE 20308/311 May 00 on Blackpool-Minehead charter
Class 14 0-6-0 DH D9500 1989-93
Class 14 0-6-0 DH D9551 1981-2000. Sold to Royal Deeside Railway late 2000.
Class 08 0-6-0 DE 08850 (D4018) Transferred to MYMR 1998
Class 07 0-6-0 DE D2994 1980-85, Transferred to Bitton
Sentinel 0-6-0 DH 57 Sold off WSR October 1995
Ruston 0-4-0 DH 183062 1976-90
Drewry 0-6-0 DM --- 2001- Narrow gauge 150hp diesel temporarily at Williton for overhaul for Lynton & Branstaple Railway Trust


In addition several class 47s, class 37s and HST sets have travelled over the Norton Fitzwarren to Bishops Lydeard section with railtours from BR/Railtrack.

Since January 1997, the WSR has been cleared for operation of High Speed Trains over the full length of the line from Norton Fitzwarren to Minehead. Up to May 1997, three full return trips using Great Western Trains HST units have taken place (one each way as ECS).

Between March 1997 and June 1998 EWS trains conveying stone from Merehead or Whatley quarries to Minehead operated regularly over the WSR, bringing many Class 37s, three Class 33s, and occasional Class 47s to the WSR.

In March 2000 further EWS trains ran conveying stone from Merehead to Doniford, reversing at Blue Anchor. These trains were scheduled for Class 66 haulage throughout.


[Return to top]

DIESEL MULTIPLE UNITS

WSR resident multiple units
Number Description Notes
51852 Class 115 DMBS Class 115 (4car) Driving motor brake second (230bhp)
Built by BR at Derby in 1960 for use on Chiltern Lines. Livery green. Awaiting overhaul
51859 Class 115 DMBS Class 115 (4car) Driving motor brake second (230bhp)
Built by BR at Derby in 1960 for use on Chiltern Lines. Repainted from crimson and cream to dmu olive green livery in early 2007. In service.
51880 Class 115 DMBS Class 115 (4car) Driving motor brake second (230bhp)
Built by BR at Derby in 1960 for use on Chiltern Lines. Overhauled in 2007 and repainted in dmu olive green livery. In service.
51887 Class 115 DMBS Class 115 (4car) Driving motor brake second (230bhp)
Built by BR at Derby in 1960 for use on Chiltern Lines. Livery Crimson & cream Out of service at Minehead (spare)
59678 Class 115 TCL Class 115 (4car) Trailer Lavatory Composite
Built by BR at Derby in 1960 for use on Chiltern Lines. Livery dmu olive gree. Modified by WSR to incorporate a small buffet counter. In service
59493 Class 117 TCL Class 117 (3car) Trailer Lavatory Composite
Built by Pressed Steel in 1959 for use on Paddington suburban services. Livery formerly Crimson and cream, repainted in olive green in 2004. In service
59506 Class 117 TCL Class 117 (3car) Trailer Lavatory Composite
Built by Pressed Steel in 1959 for use on Paddington suburban services. Modified by WSR to incorporate a small buffet. Livery green. In service
59515 Class 117 TCL Class 117 (3car) Trailer Lavatory Composite
Built by Pressed Steel in 1959 for use on Paddington suburban services. Livery crimson and cream. In service


The operational formations are:
Class 115: 51859+59678+59493+51880 (runs as 3-car or 4-car set)
Class 115: 51852+59515+51887 (not currently in service)


The following trailers are occasionally used for strengthening loco hauled sets:
59493 59506 59515






Diesel multiple units that have visited WSR since preservation days
Class 100 Gloucester 2-car dmu
E51118 Driving motor brake second
SC56097 Driving trailer composite lav
Transferred from WSR to Norfolk in September 1995. Now at Llangollen
Class 100 Gloucester 2-car dmu
E50341 Driving motor brake second
E56099 Driving trailer composite
This unit was never operational on the WSR and was scrapped
Class 103 Park Royal 2-car dmu (Built by Park Royal Vehicles, London 1957)
W50414 Driving motor brake second
W56168 Driving trailer composite lavatory
Sold off WSR. Now scrapped
Class 103 Park Royal 2-car dmu (Built by Park Royal Vehicles, London 1957)
W50413 Driving motor brake second
W56169 Driving trailer composite lavatory
Under overhaul at Williton, sold to Helston Railway Diesel Group 2006
Class 105 Craven 2-car dmu
E51482 driving motor brake second
E56121 Driving trailer composite lavatory
Built by Cravens Railway Carriage and Wagon Company in 1956
All steel design 2XBUT Leyalnd 6cyl horizontal 150bhp engines
Purchased by WSR from BR(ER) Sold 1996. Now at East Lancs Railway
Class 117 3-car unit
(Pressed Steel 1959 3-car units, 150bhp ex Paddington suburban lines)
51352 Driving motor brake second (DMBS)
51376 Driving motor second (DMS)
59505 Trailer composite lavatory (TCL)
MOD owned - originally Scotrail livery repainted BR dmu green.
Normally ran in service with 59493 in place of 59505. 59505 was repainted chocolate and cream for use in loco hauled trains.
Transferred away from WSR in Jan 2007.
Class 117 Pressed Steel dmu (centre car)
59510 Trailer Lavatory Composite (TCL)
Built by Pressed Steel in 1959 for use on Paddington suburban services.
Livery Chocolate and cream.
Used on WSR for strengthening loco hauled services.
Sold off WSR in 2005.
Class 201 Hastings 4-car demu 1001
Power cars 60000 and 60118
Class 220 Virgin Voyager 4-car demu 220001 "Somerset Voyager"
(Re)-named at Minehead May 2003, and also operated Bristol-Minehead return services

[Return to top]



COACHING STOCK


The West Somerset Railway is host to a large and still growing collection of rolling stock. Passenger services are largely covered by a fleet of BR Mark I stock from the 1950s era. This is supplemented by a number of diesel multiple units listed above. Operational passenger stock was formerly painted in standard WSR chocolate and cream livery with salmon pink lining. (The style is based on BR standard blue and grey style). More recently this has changed to gold/black lining as used on BR(WR) chocolate&cream coaches.



Operational passenger service stock
Number Description Notes
3058 ex FO Open First (Buffet Car) Built by BR at Doncaster in 1955 to Dia 73 on Lot 30169 Converted to BUFFET car. BR Mk1 bogies. Livery BR(WR) lined Chocolate & cream. In service.
4260 TSO Tourist Second Open Built by BRCW for BR in 1956 to Dia 93 on Lot 30207. Acquired 1983. BR Mk1 bogies. Repainted 1998 in BR(WR) lined chocolate & cream livery In service.
4346 TSO Tourist Second Open (Buffet Car) Built by BRCW for BR in 1956 to Dia 93 on Lot 30207. Acquired by WSR in 1976 and usd in service until 1985, when parts were removed to support restoration of 3058. Used as a mess coach at Minehead. Green livery. Under overhaul in 2005 and conversion to a buffet car. Not in service
4419 TSO Tourist Second Open Built by BRCW for BR in 1956 to Dia 93 on Lot 30226. Acquired 1991. WSR Chocolate & Cream livery. Commonwealth bogies fitted 2004. Out of service in store at Minehead awaiting overhaul.
4435 TSO Tourist Second Open Built by BRCW for BR in 1956 to Dia 93 on Lot 30226. BR Mk1 bogies. Repainted 1998 in BR(WR) lined chocolate & cream. Now fitted with Commonwealth bogies. WSRA owned. In service
4449 TSO Tourist Second Open Built by BRCW for BR in 1956 to Dia 93 on Lot 30226. Acquired by WSR in 1988 after use for SAS training at Moreton-on-Lugg. Livery: WSR Chocolate & cream. Overhauled in 2004 and repainted in BR(WR) lined chocolate & cream Livery, outshopped in March 2005. Now fitted with BR Commonwealth bogies. In service.
W 4599 TSO Tourist Second Open Built by BR at York in 1957 to Dia 93 on Lot 30243. Acquired in 1983. Livery WSR Chocolate & cream. BR Mk1 bogies. Under repair at Minehead in Spring 2005. Reentered service in June 2005, now with standard BR(WR) lined chocolate & cream livery with Commonwealth bogies. In service
4660 TSO Tourist Second Open Built by BR at York in 1957 to Dia 93 on Lot 30375. B4 bogies. Livery BR(WR) lined chocolate and cream. In service.
4814 TSO Tourist Second Open (Buffet car) Built by BRCW for BR in 1959 to Dia 94 on Lot 30473. Acquired in 1976. Converted to BUFFET car in 1985. B4 bogies. Repainted 1999 in BR(WR) lined chocolate & cream livery. In service
4869 TSO Tourist Second Open Built by BR at Wolverton in 1959 to Dia 89 on Lot 30525. B4 bogies Acquired from RCS at Bounds Green in Aug 2000, in Inter City livery. Dual air/vacuum brake, electric train heating, B4 bogies. Overhauled at Minehead. Now in BR(WR) lined chocolate & cream livery. In service.
4875 TSO Tourist Second Open Built by BR at Wolverton in 1959 to Dia 89 on Lot 30525. Acquired from HSBC in Nov 2001. Dual air/vacuum brakes. Formerly in in BR Regional Railways livery. Overhauled at Minehead. Fitted with B4 bogies. Now in BR(WR) lined choclate and cream livery. In service.
4876 TSO Tourist Second Open Built by BR at Wolverton in 1959 to Dia 89 on Lot 30525. Acquired from HSBC Lts in Nov 2001. Dual air/vacuum brakes. BR B4 bogies. Overhauled and repainted into WSR chocolate & cream livery. Into service in March 2002.
4884 TSO Tourist Second Open Built by BR at Wolverton in 1959 to Dia 89 on Lot 30525. Arrived at WSR in 1994. B4 bogies WSR chocolate & cream livery. In service
4909 TSO Tourist Second Open Built by BR at Wolverton in 1961 to Dia 89 on Lot 30646. Acquired from RCS at Bounds Green in Aug 2000. Frmerly in Inter City livery. Dual air/vacuum brake, dual steam/electric train heating, B4 bogies. Overhauled at minehead. Now in BR(WR) lined chocolate & cream livery. In service.
4911 TSO Tourist Second Open Built by BR at Wolverton in 1961 to Dia 89 on Lot 30646. Overhauled in 1995. Fitted with B4 bogies. livery BR(WR) lined chocolate & cream. In service.
4987 TSO Tourist Second Open (Buffet Car) Built by BR at Wolverton in 1961 to Dia 89 on Lot 30690. Converted for use as a training coach at Bristol Bath Road Depot, and renumbered ADB977706. Acquired 1998. Arrived in InterCity livery with BR Commonwealth Bogies. Overhauled in 2000 and converted to buffet car. Entered service Jul-00 in BR(WR) lined chocolate and cream livery and B4 bogies. In service.
5002 TSO Tourist Second Open Built by BR at Wolverton in 1962 to Dia 89 on Lot 30690. Acquired 2006, formerly part of the EWS charter fleet based at Old Oak Common. Under refurbishment.
5024 TSO Tourist Second Open Built by BR at Wolverton in 1962 to Dia 89 on Lot 30690. To be fitted with BR Commonwealth bogies. WSRA owned. BR(WR) lined chocolate and cream livery. Fitted with B4 bogies Sep-99. In service
5025 TSO Tourist Second Open Built by BR at Wolverton in 1962 to Dia 89 on Lot 30690. Purchased from Riviera Trains in early 2002. Dual air/vacuum brakes. BR(WR) lined chocolate and cream livery. B4 bogies. In service
5030 TSO Tourist Second Open Built by BR at Wolverton in 1962 to Dia 89 on Lot 30690. Purchased from Riviear Trains in early 2002. Dual air/vacuum brakes. BR(WR) lined chocolate and cream livery. Commonwealth bogies. In service.
9278 BSO Open brake second Built by BR at Doncaster in 1956 to Dia 183 on Lot 30244. BR Mk 1 bogies. BR lined crimson and cream livery. Later overhauled at Minehead with Commonwealth bogies, BR lined chocolate& cream livery. In service.
9380 BSO Open brake second Built by BR at Wolverton in 1963 to Dia 184 on Lot 302698. Later modified to incorporate a micro-buffet (BSOT) by removal of a seating bay to accomodate a catering trolley. Arrived at the WSR from Llangollen Railway in March 2002 and repainted in BR Maroon livery. Original seating bay restored and repainted in BR(WR) lined chocolate & cream livery in 2003. Fitted with BR Commonwealth bogies. In service.
24985 SK Corridor second Built by BR at Derby in 1956 to Dia 146 on Lot 30208. Commonwealth bogies. BR(WR) lined Chocolate & cream livery. In service.
25308 SK Corridor second Built by BR at Wolverton in 1957 to Dia 146 on Lot 30349. Acquired from Dart Valley Railway in 1990. B4 bogies. In service.
25323 SK Corridor second Built by BR at Wolverton in 1957 to Dia 146 on Lot 30349. Acquired from Dart Valley Railway in 1990. Overhauled at Minehead late 1998. Now in BR(WR) lined chocolate & cream livery. B4 bogies. In service.
25454 SK Corridor second Built by BR at Wolverton in 1957 to Dia 146 on Lot 30350. Acquired from Dart Valley Railway in 1990. WSR Chocolate & cream livery. Overhauled and returned to service on BR Commonwealth bogies in 2004. In service.
35257 BSK Corridor Brake Second Built by BR at Wolverton in 1959 to Dia 181 on Lot 30427. Part of the former luggage area was converted in 1993 for use by passengers in wheelchairs. Commonwealth bogies. In service.
35451 BSK Corridor brake second Built by BR at Wolverton in 1962 to Dia 171 on Lot 30132. Purchased 2000 for use as main-line support coach with 34046 Braunton. Previously main-line registered as DRC99313 for use with Jubilee 45596 "Bahamas". Dual steam/electric heated, dual vacuum/air braking. Fitted with Commonwealth bogies. BR(S) green livery. Arrived on WSR Sep 2001. In service.
80736 BG Full brake Built by BRCW for BR in 1965 to Dia 711 on Lot 30140. Converted to brake wheelchair saloon (Lorna Doone). Overhauled in 2001 and fitted with Commonwealth bogies. Returned to service in June 2001 in BR(WR) style lined chocolate and cream livery. In service.

[Return to top]


Quantock Belle stock
Number Description Notes
3108 FO Open First Built by BR at Swindon in 1962 to Dia 73 on Lot 30697. Commonwealth bogies Livery: BR Lined maroon, Named "Meteor" In service
1804 RMB Miniature buffet car Built by BR at York in 1957 to Dia 97 on Lot 30485. B1 bogies replaced by Commonwealth bogies in early 2002. Livery: BR Lined maroon. Named "Aries" In service
1909 RU Unclassified Restaurant Car Built by BR at Swindon in 1957 to Dia 23 on Lot 30401 Converted to RUB Unclassified Restaurant Buffet Dia 29. This was one of several similar vehicles which received WR Chocolate and Cream livery in BR days as W1909. It worked in named trains including "The Bristolian". B1 bogies replaced by Commonwealth bogies in early 2002. Livery: BR Lined maroon. named "Orion". In service
21174 BCK Corridor Brake Composite Built by Charles Roberts in 1958 to Dia 172 on Lot 30424. Current livery BR Lined maroon. Overhauled 98/99 at Cranmore to replace 80742 in QB set. Named "Phoenix".

[Return to top]


Other passenger stock vehicles
Number Description Notes
9038 Clerestory Sleeper 1st (underframe ex 6912) Built by GWR at Swindon in 1897 to Dia J5 on Lot 787. Originally used between Paddington and Fishguard Harbour. Restored by West Somerset Steam Railway Trust at Williton and reentered service in May 2006. Currently stabled at Williton, it is to be moved to the Gauge Museum at Bishops Lydeard in due course.
2980 Great Western Railway Bogie passenger van (Code: SIPHON-G) Built by GWR at Swindon in 1945 to Diagram O33 on Lot 1664. Owned by the 813 Preservation Society. Used for storage of materials. Overhauled and returned to operational status in early 2002.
2823 Fruit Van (PMVY) (Code: FRUIT-C) Built by GWR at Swindon in 1937 to Diagram Y9 on Lot 1606. Converted 1963 for departmental use as DW150346 Condemned at Taunton in 1972. Purchased by WSR in 1975
2910 Fruit Van (PMVY) (Code: FRUIT-D) Built by GWR at Swindon in 1941 to Diagram Y11 on Lot 1649. Converted in 1961 under lot 1111 into a mess/sleeping van ADW 150319. Purchased privately Apr 85, to WSR Feb 86.
3450 10t Passenger Fruit Van (PMVY) (Code: FRUIT-D) Built by BR(WR) at Swindon in 1955 to GWR Diagram Y14 on Lot 1771. Latterly Engineering stock as DB975212. Livery: BR Maroon with straw lettering In full running order. Normally stabled at Washford
80742 BG Full brake Built by BRCW for BR in 1955 to Dia 711 on Lot 30140. Livery: BR Lined maroon. Formerly part of Quantock Belle set In service
80972 BG Full brake Built by BR at York in 1956 on Lot 30173 to Dia 711. WSRA S and T stores vehicle. Now in unlined maroon livery
M 94917 Covered carriage truck Built by BR(M) at Earlstown in 1961 under lot 39651 to Diag Purchased in 1981 from Exeter. Now converted to a mobile generating van. Livery: BR maroon In running order, occasionally used in service trains
W 94502 BR Covered Carriage Truck (CCT) Built by BR at Earlstown in 1960 under lot 30563. Purchase privately. Formerly static at Minehead, housing a model railway. Now in use as a store. Repainted from chocolate and cream livery to authentic BR Maroon livery.
M 37103 Covered carriage truck Built by Metro-Cammell in 1938 for LMS under lot 1154 to dia 2026. Originally built as M37103, it was susbequently renumbered ADM 396003 for engineering use. Purchased by S&DRT in March 1976 from Bristol. Stabled at Washford
M 37103 Covered carriage truck Built by Metro-Cammell in 1938 for LMS under lot 1154 to dia 2026. Originally built as M37103, it was susbequently renumbered ADM 396003 for engineering use. Purchased by S&DRT in March 1976 from Bristol. Stabled at Washford
94148 General Utility Van Built by BR as a Mk1 GUV. Later upgadaed to NKA air braked high security van with roller shutter doors by EWS/RES for secure stowage of mail. On loan to the WSR from Dec-05. In EWS RES red livery. In use for storage at Minehead
94442 Passenger brake van Built by BR as a Mk1 BG van. Later converted to NBA air braked high security brake van with roller shutter doors by EWS/RES for secure stowage of mail. On loan to the WSR from Dec-05. Formerly in EWS RES red livery, it has now been painted in a grey livery. In use for storage at Bishops Lydeard.
W 3018 6 wheel Milk Tank Built by GWR at Swindon in 1946 to Dia O57. Acquired by 813 Fund in 1994. To West Somerset in 1996.
ADW 102 6 wheel drinking water tank Built by GWR at Swindon in 1946 to Dia DD6. Acquired by 813 Fund in 1996. To West Somerset in 1996.
S 1964 SR Parcels & Miscellaneous Vans (PMV) Built by SR at Ashford in 1938 under Lot 973. Southern Railway malachite green livery. Normally stabled at Williton
S 1633 S SR Parcels & Miscellaneous Vans (PMV) Built by BR(S) at Ashford or Lancing in 1950 under Lot 30590. Now stabled at Washford housing museum display. BR(S) green livery.
S 1458 SR Parcels & Miscellaneous Vans (PMV) Built by BR at Wolverton in 1951. Southern Railway olive green livery. Normally stabled at Williton.
S 1464 SR Parcels & Miscellaneous Vans (PMV) Built by BR at Wolverton in 1951. Dark green livery (unlettered), normally stabled at Minehead.

[Return to top]


Static/unrestored Passenger Stock
Number Description Notes
34769 BSK Corridor brake second Built by BR at Wolverton in 1955 to Dia 182 on Lot 30156 Formerly static at Stogumber as a staff mess, it was relocated to Minehead in early 2000. Due to scrapped.
4039 TSO Tourist Second Open Built by BR at Swindon in 1956 to Dia 93 on Lot 30145 Static at Minehead as station buffet
10521 BR Pantry Sleeper (SLEP) Built by BR at Berby in 1982 under Lot 30960 to Diagram AU401. An air-conditioned Mark III sleeper vehicle based latterly at Bounds Green depot and used on East Coast Main Line services from London to Scotland. Purchased from store at MOD Bicester, and fitted with replacement Commonwealth bogies. Repainted in chocolate and cream livery and stabled at Minehead for volunteer accomodation, replacing M615
xDB 977073 Passenger brake van LMS Passenger brake van. Normally stabled at Williton. Awaiting restoration
1046 British Railways bogie passenger van (PMVG) (Code: SIPHON-G) Built by BR(WR) at Swindon in 1955 to GWR Diagram O62 on Lot 1768. Converted to newspaper sorting van. Privately owned. Bodywork now largely collapsed. Stabled at Bishops Lydeard.
W169 DTT Auto coach (Driving Trailor Third) Built by GWR at Swindon in 1929 to diagram A27 on Lot1394. Acquired in Oct-04 from Wallingford. Moved to WSR for restoration.
3980 Toplight Corridor Third Built by GWR at Swindon in 1917 on Lot 1256 to Diagram C35 Later converted to camping coach no 9881. Currently in use as a static mess coach at Blue Anchor
3885 Toplight Corridor Third Built by GWR at Swindon in 1920 to Diagram C38 on Lot 1269 Later converted to camping coach no 9882. Currently in use as a static mess coach at Blue Anchor
2573 Toplight Corridor Third Built by GWR at Swindon in 1914 to Diagram C32 on Lot 1234 Later converted to camping coach no 9879. Currently in use as a static mess coach at Blue Anchor
2578 Toplight Corridor Third Built by GWR at Swindon in 1914 on Lot 1234 to Diagram C32 Later converted to camping coach no 9889. Currently at Williton awaiting restoration under the WSSRT Heritage Carriages Project.
3639 Toplight Corridor Third Built by GWR at Swindon in 1908 on Lot 1136 to Diagram C28. Used in GWR Ambulance Train in WW1. Restored to regular service in 1921. Later converted to camping coach no 9887 in 1958. Currently under restoration by the West Somerset Steam Railway Trust at Williton, as part of the Heritage Carriages Project Toplight set.
3668 Toplight Corridor Third Built by GWR at Swindon in 1909 on Lot 1153 to Diagram C28 Later converted to camping coach no 9888. Formerly based at Crowcombe, it has now been moved to Bishops Lydeard and is in use as a static mess coach in the loco compound.
7740 Toplight Corridor Composite Built by GWR at Swindon in 1911 to diagram E80 on Lot 1171. Later converted for Engineering Dept use and rebnumbered DW317. Currently stabled at Minehead and used as a staff training coach. Earmarked for restoration to passenger service under the WSSRT Heritage Carriages Project.
4 Third Built by Somerset and Dorset Railway Highbridge Works as a four compartment first class coach on a six wheel underframe. Under restoration at Washford.
98 Third Built by Somerset and Dorset Railway Highbridge Works as a compartment third class coach on a six wheel underframe. Under restoration at Washford.
174 Third Built by Somerset and Dorset Railway Highbridge Works as a compartment third class coach on a six wheel underframe. Under restoration at Washford.
12220 Covered Carriage Truck LNWR Covered Carriage Truck (Body only). Built 1922 to Dia 444A, reumbered LMS 4207 in 1928, 36992 from 1933, Latterly DM395273. The chassis is now at Quainton Road.
S 1360 SR Parcels & Miscellaneous Vans (PMV) Built by SR at Ashford in 1939 under Lot 1031. Formerly in dark green livery (unlettered), and stabled at Minehead, Relocated to Williton (static) June 2000, and repainted to brown livery with black ironwork.
1046 British Railways bogie passenger van (PMVG) (Code: SIPHON-G) Built by BR(WR) at Swindon in 1955 to GWR Diagram O62 on Lot 1768. Converted to newspaper sorting van. Privately owned

[Return to top]


Other notable visiting passenger stock
Number Description Notes
W178 DTT Auto coach (Driving Trailor Third) Built by GWR at Swindon in 1930 to diagram A28 Lot1410. Restored at Swindon & Cricklade Railway. At WSR in passenger service Sep-03 to Jan-04 and Sep-04 to Mar-05. Used in push-pull mode with 5542 and 6412.
W228W Auto coach On loan from the Dart Valley Railway for use with 1450 in 1996.
W9007W Special Saloon Built as a VIP saloon by GWR at Swindon in 1945. LAtterly used by HM The Queen Mother it is fitted out with kitchen, sleeping accomodation and day saloon. This vehicle was placed on loan from the National Railway Museum at York, and housed at the Visitor Centre at Bishops Lydeard. Painted in Royal Claret livery. Not used in WSR operational service. Returned to NRM York in 1999.
5883 Brake third GWR Diagram D118 Corridor Brake Third Built 1934. From the Severn Valley Railway visited for Spring Gala in March 2000.
6913 Brake composite GWR Diagram E148 Corridor Brake Composite Built 1934 from the Severn Valley Railway visited for a filming contract in March 1997.
1116 Corridor third GWR Diagram C77 Corridor Third Built 1938 from the Severn Valley Railway visited for a filming contract in March 1997.
DW80975 Inspection Saloon Built by BR(WR) at Swindon in 1948 to GWR Dia Q13 on Lot 1701.
W35333 BSK Corridor Brake Second Built by BR at Wolverton in 1962 to Dia 181. Main line support coach for 6024 King Edward I. Dual heated, dual air/vacuum brakes. Visited WSR with 6024 qv.
M16232 CK Corridor Composite Built by BR at Derby in 1963 to Dia 126 on Lot 30729. BR Lined Maroon livery. On hire from Severn Valley Railway Mar-Apr 01
M25346 SK Corridor Second Built by BR at Wolverton in 1958 to Dia 146 on Lot 30349. BR Lined Maroon livery. On hire from Severn Valley Railway Mar-Apr 01
44024 Guard Second Open First Great Western HST Coach "A" (In store summer 2000)
42074 Second Open First Great Western HST Coach "B" (In store summer 2000)
42073 Second Open First Great Western HST Coach "C" (In store summer 2000)
42361 Second Open First Great Western HST Coach "D" (In store summer 2000)

[Return to top]


Passenger stock sold, scrapped or transferred away
Number Description Notes
8
Composite (4 wheel) Built by GWR at Swindon in 1900 to diagram U4 on Lot 944, as a six compartment composite (four third and two first class compartments) on a 4-wheel chassis. Renumbered 6008 on 1907, and later converted to an all third workmans coach. Finally converted again in 1946 to W215W for us in breakdown train at Newton Abbot. Formerly under restoration at Williton by the 813 fund, it was transferred to South Devon Railway late 2002.
45 Third Built by Ashbury Carriage Company Machester for the Barry Railway in 1896. Renumbered 465 by the GWR. Six third compartments, on a six wheel underframe. Only the body survives, Grounded at Williton. Sold to the Vale of Glamorgan Railway and moved to Barry, late 1999
4493 TSO Tourist Second Open Built by BR at York in 1956 on Lot 30243 to Dia 93. Used as stores vehicle at Williton. Sold and moved away from WSR.
4602 TSO Tourist Second Open Built by BR at York in 1956 on Lot 30243 to Dia 93 Formerly static at Bishops Lydeard in use as shop Sold to Yeovil Steam Centre 1996
15632 Updated CK Corridor Composite Built by BR at Wolverton in 1956 to Dia 126 on lot 30158. Formerly used in service, it was stored out of service at Minehead for some years before being sold in Jan 2005 and transferred to the Cambrian Railways Trust nr Oswestry.
21034 Updated BCK Corridor brake composite Built by Metro-Camm for BR in 1954 to Dia 171 on Lot 30132. Formerly M21034, it was used as a main line support coach for 35028 Clan Line by the Merchant Navy loco Preservation Society 1985-8 (reg no 99781). It was purchased by WSRA and moved to the WSR in 1989. It was repainted in WSR chocolate & cream livery. It was withdrawn from service in 2000 and sent for overhaul to Cranmore, East Somerset Railway. However its poor condition it was instead put up for sale in Oct 2003. It is now at the Pontypool & Blaenavon Railway.
24006 SK Corridor Second Built by BR at Derby in 1951 to Dia 146 on Lot 30002. Believed to be the oldest surviving BR Mk 1 corridor coach. Offered for sale late 2000. Sold in 2001 to members of the "Third 45/0 Group" for restoration at the Battlefield Line.
24307 SK Corridor second Built in 1951 at Eastleigh under Lot 30020 Diagam 146 Withdrawn from service and scrapped Jan 96
24421 SK Corridor second Built by BR 1953 at Derby under lot 30030 Diagram Sold in 1994 to Gloucester and Warwickshire Railway, Toddington
24778 SK Corridor second Built by BR 1954 at Swindon under lot 30077 Diagram Sold in 1994 to Gloucester and Warwickshire Railway, Toddington
34612 BSK Corridor brake second Built by BR in 1955. Acquired by Bill McAlpine and used as main line support coach with Flying Scotsman. Purchased and moved to WSR in February 1987. Sold off WSR in 1990.
5344 TSO Tourist Second Open MkIIa Built by BR 1968 at Derby under lot 30776 Dia 86. Acquired 1989. Sold 1995
51663 Class 115 DMBS Class 115 (4car) Driving motor brake second (230bhp)
Built by BR at Derby in 1960 for use on Chiltern Lines. Livery green, unrestored. The body of this vehicle was dismantled in late 2004, and the chassis is to be used for an advertising hoarding at Norton Fitzwarren.
59510 Class 117 TCL Class 117 (3car DMU) Trailer Lavatory Composite
Built by Pressed Steel in 1959 for use on Paddington suburban services. Livery crimson and cream, later repainted into chocolate and cream. After use on peak season loco-hauled services over some years, it was declared surplus to requurements with the overhaul of more Mk1 stock. It was sold and transferred to the Mid Hants Railway in spring 2005.
59514 Class 117 TCL Class 117 (3car DMU) Trailer Lavatory Composite
Built by Pressed Steel in 1959 for use on Paddington suburban services. Livery green. Damaged by fire. Not in service. Sold and transferred to the Swindon & Cricklade Railway in early 2005.
2180 Corridor Brake Third Built by BR(WR) at Swindon in 1950 to Diagram D133 on Lot 1730 Hawksworth design coach with domed ends Subsequently converted for engineering use and renumbered DW150405. Purchased privately in June 1979 and stabled at Minehead. Subsequently moved to South Devon Railway, Buckfastleigh
M615 Sleeper SLT(T) Built by BR(MR) at Derby in 1952 on Lot 1628 to an LMS design Stabled at Minehead and used for volunteer accommodation. Sold 1992
M32994M BG Brake LMS six wheel passenger brake van.
E46140 S Second BR Non-corridor second coach, formerly used on Kings Cross suburban services. Used in 1979 season, then sold in 1981 for use at Wallingford.
E46141 S Second BR Non-corridor second coach, formerly used on Kings Cross suburban services. Used in 1979 season, then sold in 1981 for use at Wallingford.
3204 Corridor Brake Secondt Built by Southern Railway to an LSWR design in July 1925 to Diagram 213. Known as Ironclads. Condemned in August 1959 and converted to departmental use in Yeovil break down train. Purchased in Jun 1973. It now awaits eventual restoration. Stabled at Bishops Lydeard. Subsequently sold in 1998 and moved away from WSR.
E313 RF Kitchen First BR Pullman First class kitchen car "Finch" Built by Metro-Cammell 1962. On WSR 1979-1983.
E317 RF Kitchen First BR Pullman First class kitchen car "Raven". Built by Metro-Cammell 1962. Used on Eastern Region of BR. On WSR 1979-1983.
E319 RF Kitchen First BR Pullman First class kitchen car "Snipe" Built by Metro-Cammell 1962. On WSR 1979-1983.
E324 FO Parlour First BR Pullman First class parlour car "Amber" Built by Metro-Cammell 1962. On WSR 1979-1983.
E329 FO Parlour First BR Pullman First class parlour car "Pearl" Built by Metro-Cammell 1962. On WSR 1979-1983.
2661 Mess Van ex Great Western Railway Fish Van (Code: BLOATER) Diagram S10 Built at Swindon in 1926 on Lot 1356. Converted in 1961 under lot 1084 to tool/mess van for Plymouth Bridge Divsion. Re-numbered DW150289. Purchased privately, to WSR June 1976. Transferred to Swanage Railway in 1994.
2913 Fruit Van (PMVY) (Code: FRUIT-D) Built by GWR at Swindon in 1941 to Diagram Y11 on Lot 1649. Transferred to Swanage Railway.

[Return to top]



FREIGHT STOCK



Great Western
Number Description Notes
GW 11451 10t Ventilated Van
(Code: MINK)
Built by GWR at Swindon in 1901 on Lot 418 to Diagram V5. Stabled at Washford.
GW 16307 10t Ventilated Van
(Code: MINK-A)
Built at Swindon in 1907 to Diagram V12 on Lot ? Acquired by 813 Fund in 1991
GW 126779 12t Ventilated Van Built by GWR at Swindon in 193x to Dia V23 Acquired by 813 Fund in 1991
GW 139760 12t Ventilated Van MINK-A Built by GWR at Swindon in 193x to Dia V23 Acquired by 813 Fund in 1991
GW 105493 Gunpowder Van CONE Built by GWR at Swindon in 1924 on Lot 935 to Dia Z3. Acquired by 813 Fund in 1976. Stabled at Washford
DW 541 Match Wagon Built by GWR at Swindon Subsequently renumbered ADW 150470. Used with GW hand crane 32. Stabled at Washford.
W 32742 30t Bogie Bolster Wagon
(Code: MACAW-B)
Built by GWR at Swindon in 1938 on Lot 1273 to Diagram J21 Acquired by 813 Fund in 1990
W 32822 30t Bogie Bolster Wagon
(Code: MACAW-B)
Built by GWR at Swindon in 1938 on Lot 1273 to Diagram J21 Acquired by 813 Fund in 1990
GW 84685 Bogie bolster wagon
(MACAW-B)
Built at Swindon by GWR in 1918 to Dia J21 Acquired 813 Preservation Fund in 1993
W 41945 Bogie well wagon (CROCODILE) Built at Swindon in 1909 to Dia C14 Acquired by 813 Fund in 1995 unrestored but running
GW 80669 10t Ballast wagon Built by GWR at Swindon in 1936 on Lot ? to Diagram P15 Acquired by 813 Fund 1988. Renumbered 060963
W 100682 10t Sleeper wagon Built by GWR at Swindon in 1938 on Lot 1313 to Diagram T12
W 118904 12t 5pl Open Wagon OPEN-B Built by GWR at Swindon to Diagram O29. Ex PBA 61078. Scehduled for overhaul on completion of the TOAD van in 2005.
W 135744 12t 5pl Open Wagon Built by GWR at Swindon in 1937 to Diagram O32 Acquired by 813 Preservation Fund in 1993
GW 137696 12t 5pl Open Wagon Built by GWR at Swindon in 1938 under Lot 1314 Diagram E4. Designed for carrying aeroplane propellers. Susbequently converted to conventional open in early 1950s. Acquired by 813 fund from Rosyth Dockyard.
W 56769 ex 20t Goods brake van TOAD Built by GWR at Swindon in 1918 in Lot 840 to Diagram AA13 Converted to PW Mess Van DW56631. Purchased from Radyr and moved to WSR in Feb 1990. Seriously damaged by fire in a vandal attack at Bishops Lydeard in 2002.
GW 68765 20t Goods brake van TOAD Built by GWR at Swindon in 1939 in Lot 1942 to Diagram AA20 Acquired by 813 Fund in 1988. In regular use on WSR PW trains. Withdrawn for overhaul in early 2005, retaining GW dark grey livery. It will be used on one of the two planned heritage freight trains. In service

[Return to top]


Southern Railway and constituents
Number Description Notes
B 752355 12 ton Ventilated Van Built by BR(S) to a Southern Railway design. Purchased from BR at Bath in 1973. Became the first vehicle to be moved to the WSR after reopening in 1975. Now owned by 5542 Ltd.
SR 51171 (RNAD 304) 10 ton Van Built by LSWR circa 1898 to Diagram 1401. LSWR and SR numbers are unknown. Fitted with Maunsell wooden wheels. Sold to the Admiralty in 1940. Purchased from RNAD Gosport as RNAD no 304 in 1984. Now on display at Washford. Painted in SR buff livery to represent an LSWR meat van.
SR 42106 (RNAD 305) 8 ton Van Built by LSWR circa 1901 to Diagram 1401. LSWR and SR numbers are unknown. Fitted with Maunsell wooden wheels. Sold to the Admiralty in 1940. Purchased from RNAD Gosport as RNAD no 305 in 1984. Now on display at Washford. Painted in SR brown livery.
SR 24291 10 ton 4pl Open Wagon Built by LB&SCR with timber underframe. Acquired as RNAD no 119 from Gosport Sep 1993.
PBA 59378 10 ton 8pl Open Wagon Built by SECR circa 1920. Original number unknown. Purchased from Port of Bristol Authority as PBA 59378. Now painted SR Brown. Subject of a WSRA renovation project in 2003.
49017 20 ton Brake Van Built at Ashord in 1942 for the War Office to a standard Southern Railway design. Vacuum brake fitted. Acquired from MOD in Yorkshire in 1982.
SR 54885 10 ton Brake Van Built as 12424 by the LSWR at Eastleigh in 1900, SR Dia 1541. Renumbered by SR as 54885. Sold to War Office. Used on Longmoor Military Railway as no AD82020. Moved to Liss in 1970 and subsequently to Eastleigh and East Somerset Railway in 1973. Acquired for display at the S&DRT at Washford in 1988. Fully retored
640869 (RNAD 229) 12 ton Ventilated Van Believed to be a LSWR vehicle. Currently painted blue and lettered (on one side only) to advertise the Somerset & Dorset Railway Museum at Washford.
S 48949 12 ton Ventilated Van Built by the SR to standard planked design at unknown date between 1935 and 1949. Based at Washford.
WD 47983 12 ton Ventilated Van Built by the SR in 1940 to standard planked design for MOD. Painted in MOD dark olive green livery. with black steelwork.
(More photos: 1999

[Return to top]


London North Eastern Railway and constituents
Number Description Notes
NE 59950 15 ton Brake Van Great Central Railway 6 wheel brake van, built circa 1903. Sold for colliery use in Northumberland. Purchased in 1970 and moved to Radstock. Resold in 1975. Now fully restored and stabled at S&DRT Washford. Brown NE livery. Used in WSR goods trains.
145741 (RNAD 184) Open Wagon A 4-plank timber framed open wagon believed to be of LNER origin. Purchased from RNAD Gosport as RNAD 184 for display at Washford in September 1993.
424023 Open Wagon A 4-plank timber framed open wagon believed to be of LNER origin.
NE 605043 (MOD46017) 10 ton Open Wagon Built by LNER in 1923 at Stratford to a GER design and subsequently renumbered 605043 by LNER. Sold in 1941 to War department for use at Bicester. Purchased privately from MOD Puriton, it currently carries its MOD number 46017.
NE 632516 (SNSO 576) 10 ton Open Wagon Built at Stratford in 1923 to a GER design. Sold to the Admiralty and used at Chatham and Gosport as SNSO 576
SNSO 258 10 ton Van Built at Stratford in 1923 to a GER design. Sold to the Admiralty and used at Chatham and Gosport as SNSO 258. Purchased and moved to WSR in 1985.
LNE ### 12 ton Ventilated Van Built ? to an LNER design. Vacuum brake fitted. Identity unknown

[Return to top]


London Midland and Scottish Railway and constituents
Number Description Notes
LMS 179162 12 ton Ventilated Van LMS standard van, built circa 1930. vacuum fitted.
### ex 12 ton Ventilated Van LMS standard van, subsequently acquired by MoD and reduced in height for use at Devonport Dockyard. Identity unknown
M 732525 20 ton Brake Van LMS standard brake van, built 1949 to LMS diagram D2068. Arrived in 1998 on permanent loan from MOD Puriton. Overhauled in Freight bauxite livery during 2004 and now allocated as the regular van for PW trains.
M 950155 20 ton Brake Van LMS standard brake van. SATLINK. Under overhaul at Washford
LMS 404103 Open Wagon An LMS 5-plank open wagon, fitted with BR wheels and axleboxes. Purchased from Port of Bristol Authority as PBA 63057.
PBA 63058 5pl Open Wagon Origin uncertain, fitted with BR wheels and axleboxes. Purchased from Port of Bristol Authority as PBA 63058.
P 61045 Open Wagon An LMS 5-plank open wagon built in 1932. Purchased from Port of Bristol Authority as PBA 61045. Original identity is unknown. Restored in BR unfitted grey livery with sheet cover.
RNAD 335 10 ton Van Built to an LNWR design. Original identity unknown. Purchased from Gosport and moved to Washford in Sep 1993. Now used for museum display.
LMS 607324 13 ton Mineral Wagon An LMS 7-plank coal wagon. Purchased from the National Coal Board at Kilmersdon Colliery, as NCB 72401 and located at S&DRT Washford. LMS grey livery. Overhauled and repainted in bauxite livery. (More photos: 1999
MOD 84003 35 ton Bogie Tank Carrier RECTANK Built by the Midland Railway at Derby for the War Department in circa 1918 to Diagram D1095 under lot 931. Designed for transport of World War I Tanks. Purchased from MOD at Long Marston in 1981 for the Gloucestershire & Warwickshire Railway. Moved to the WSR in November 1986, and used mainly in permanent way trains.
MOD 84006 35 ton Bogie Tank Carrier RECTANK Built by the Midland Railway at Derby for the War Department in circa 1918 to Diagram D1095 under lot 931. Designed for transport of World War I Tanks. Purchased from MOD at Long Marston in 1981 for the Gloucestershire & Warwickshire Railway. Moved to the WSR in November 1986, and used mainly in permanent way trains.
MOD 8080 40 ton Bogie Tank Carrier WARFLAT Details uncertain but believed to have been built by Gloucester Carriage & Wagon in 1940 for the War Department. Registered by the LMS. Acquired late 1998.
401 20 ton Tank Wagon Registered by the London Tilbury and Southend Railway in 1902 as no 231. Presented by Shell-Mex & BP Ltd to S&DRT and now based at Washford. Painted in black Shell BP Livery.
1326 14 ton Tank Wagon Built 1918 for the Caledonian Railway. Rebuilt in 1942 by LMS and renumbered 26226. Sold to Esso and renumbered 1326. Donated by Esso to WSR. Carries silver and red Esso livery.
1822 14 ton Tank Wagon Registered by the LMS in 1939 as 165363. Sold to Esso and renumbered 1822. Donated by Esso to WSR. Carries silver and red Esso livery.

[Return to top]


British Railways
Number Description Notes
WD 46242 10 ton Open Wagon Built by BR(S) at Ashford in 1955 for MOD to a BR Standard design. Vacuum piped. Purchased privately from ROF Puriton. Formerly painted in SR brown livery, it was repainted in 2004 into MOD dark olive green livery with black steelwork.
(More photos: 1999
WD 46253 10 ton Open Wagon Built by BR(S) at Ashford in 1955 for MOD to a BR Standard design. Vacuum piped. Purchased privately from ROF Puriton. formerly painted in SR brown livery, it was repainted in 2004 into MOD dark olive green livery with black steelwork.
(More photos: 1999
B 784676
12 ton Ventilated Van
VANWIDE
Built 1962 at BR Wolverton, Lot 3391. Vacuum braked, wide sliding doors. Arrived on WSR August 2000.
B 904146 21 ton Machinery Wagon LOWMAC Built by BR Shildon 1963. Through vacuum pipe, bauxite livery. On ling term loan from First Great Western, St Philips Marsh.. In use by DEPG at Williton Diesel Depot.
B 983290 24 ton Ballast Hopper Wagon DOGFISH Built Charles Roberts & Co in 1957 Lot 2939 to Dia 1/587
B 983909 24 ton Ballast Hopper Wagon DOGFISH Built Charles Roberts & Co
B 983652 19 ton Ballast Hopper Wagon CATFISH Built Metropolitan-Cammell in 1960 Lot 3331 to Dia 1/586. Purchased 1995. Repainted in 1970s style olive green livery.
B 993529 19 ton Ballast Hopper Wagon CATFISH Built Metropolitan-Cammell in 1959 Lot 2929 to Dia 1/586. Purchased 1995. Repainted in 1970s style olive green livery.
B 993593 24 ton Ballast Hopper Wagon DOGFISH Built BR Shildon in 1960 Lot 3255 to Dia 1/587. Currently in Blue Camas Aggregates Livery
DB 978032 34 ton Ballast Wagon TURBOT Built BR Shildon in 1982/83 Lot 4021 to Dia (?). Last used by EWS for transport of stone blocks from the Medips nr Westbury to Minehead in 1997/98, this vehicle was subsequently in store in Taunton Fairwater yard. Acquired for use on WSR in Nov 2002. Currently in heavily rusted EWS livery.
DB 978037 34 ton Ballast Wagon TURBOT Built BR Shildon in 1982/83 Lot 4021 to Dia (?). Last used by EWS for transport of stone blocks from the Medips nr Westbury to Minehead in 1997/98, this vehicle was subsequently in store in Taunton Fairwater yard. Acquired for use on WSR in Nov 2002. Currently in EWS maroon livery.
DB 978105 34 ton Ballast Wagon TURBOT YCV Built BR Shildon in 1982/83 Lot 4021 to Dia (?). Last used by EWS for transport of stone blocks from the Medips nr Westbury to Minehead in 1997/98, this vehicle was subsequently in store in Taunton Fairwater yard. Acquired for use on WSR in Nov 2002. Currently in EWS maroon livery.
DB 978348 34 ton Ballast Wagon TURBOT Built BR Shildon in 1982/83 Lot 4021 to Dia (?). Last used by EWS for transport of stone blocks from the Medips nr Westbury to Minehead in 1997/98, this vehicle was subsequently in store in Taunton Fairwater yard. Acquired for use on WSR in Nov 2002. Repainted in olive green engineering dept livery, with sides removed.
DB 978622 34 ton Ballast Wagon TURBOT Built BR Shildon in 1982/83 Lot 4021 to Dia (?). Last used by EWS for transport of stone blocks from the Medips nr Westbury to Minehead in 1997/98, this vehicle was subsequently in store in Taunton Fairwater yard. Acquired for use on WSR in Nov 2002. This vehicle has been repainted by the WSR into engineering department green livery.
GB 787158  20 ton lwb Covered Ferry Van Built by BR for use on through freey services to Continental Europe. Presently in use a D&EPG store at Williton.
B 952527  20 ton Goods Brake Van Built BR Faversham in 1954 under Lot 2606, to Dia 1/506. Formerly fitted with vacuum brakes. Acquired by D&EPG from the Paignton & Dartmouth Steam Railway in 2004. This van underwent extensive refurbishment by the DEPG at Williton in 2004, and now carries fitted freight bauxite livery.
B953089  20 ton Goods Brake Van Built BR Darlington in 1955 under Lot 2741 to Dia 1/506. Acquired from the Paignton & Dartmouth Steam Railway in 2004. This van currently carries unfitted BR grey livery and is awaiting overhaul.

[Return to top]


Cranes
Number Description Notes
264 GWR 5ton Hand crane Built Swindon. Fully restored. Based at Washford. With runner 541. (813 Fund)
PW No 1 Coles crane Diesel electric self-propelled crane. Based at Minehead Carriage Siding.
312 Stothert & Pitt Steam Crane Stabled at Washford.
ADRW96500 Bogie Warwell mounted hydraulic crane Bogie Warwell wagon built 1942. Fitted with 45ft Atlas hydraulic arm. Used for lifting trackside components.

[Return to top]


Other vehicles
Number Description Notes
LT 447 Bogie flat wagon ELK Built for London Transport. This is a 75ft long low floor bogie flat vehicle with raised headstock carrying BR buffers and couplers in addition to LT style low level couplers. Purchased for use on WSR in 1997. The raised headstock has been removed at one end, and the wagon semi-permanently coupled to sister vehicle LT 483. Used for PW work.
LT 483 Bogie flat wagon ELK Built for London Transport. This is a 75ft long low floor bogie flat vehicle with raised headstock carrying BR buffers and couplers in addition to LT style low level couplers. Purchased for use on WSR in 1997. The raised headstock has been removed at one end, and the wagon semi-permanently coupled to sister vehicle LT 447. Used for PW work.
SNSO 535 10 ton Van Built in 1910 for the Admiralty intially at Chatham Dockyard, later at Gosport. Purchased from Gosport in March 1984. Currently painted in G&SW grey livery.
PBA 63015 Open Wagon An 4-plank open wagon. No other details known. Purchased from Port of Bristol Authority as PBA 63015. Original identity is unknown.
PW 71 Flat Wagon Converted for permanent way use from a swb (LMS ?) wagon underframe.
PW 132 Flat Wagon Converted for permanent way use from a swb (LSWR ?) wagon underframe.
PW 135 Flat Wagon Converted for permanent way use from a 10ft wb tank wagon underframe.
PW 064809 Flat Wagon Converted for permanent way use from a LNER Utility Van underframe.

[Return to top]


Freight stock sold, scrapped or transferred off WSR
Number Description Notes
MOD ??? 10 ton Ventilated Van Believed to be a Lancashire and Yorkshire Railway van built at Horwich in 1907-1910 period to Diagram 6177. Sold to MOD and converted to a mess van. Purchased from MOD Warminster in June 1985. Relocated to Minehead for use as a mess van for 3850 Society. Transferred away from WSR in spring 2005.
PBA 63078 12t 5pl Open Wagon OPEN-B Built by GWR at Swindon to Diagram O??. Original identity is unknown. Acquired from port of Bristol Authority as PBA63078. Painted light grey lettered GW. Formerly stabled at Williton. Transferred to South Devon Railway in 2000.
W 108207 12t 5pl Open Wagon OPEN-B Built by GWR at Swindon to Diagram O22 Ex Port of Bristol Authority PBA 61063. Light grey livery lettered GW. Formerly stabled at Williton. Transferred to South Devon Railway in 2000.
ADW91 Sludge carrier. Converted from ex Great Central Railway 6 wheel tender no 2199 built in 1918 for use behind Robinson O4 Class 2-8-0 no 2008. Purchased by Great Western Railway and ran behind ROD 3000, and later 3017, also used behind GWR 2251 class 0-6-0 nos 2285/98/04. Latterly in use as a sludge carrier at Bristol St Philips Marsh depot, with centre axle removed. Storedat Minehead for some years. Transferred to South Devon Railway late in 2000 for possible restoration and use behind 3205.
DW 17861 ex 20t Goods Brake Van TOAD Built by GWR at Swindon in 1914 on Lot 779 to Diagram AA13. Converted to sleeping and mess van in 1964 for use with Bristol District crane no 382. Purchased and moved to WSR in Dec 1986. Moved to the Swanage Railway in 1994.
W 35413 20t Goods brake van TOAD Built by BR(WR) at Swindon in 1949 on Lot 1497 to GWR diagram AA23. Moved to WSR from Dart Valley Railway in 1988. Subsequently transferred to the Swanage Railway in 1994.
NCB 72395 12 ton Mineral Wagon A 6-plank coal wagon, registered by the LMS in 1936 as 137495. Purchased from the National Coal Board at Kilmersdon Colliery, and formerly located at S&DRT Washford.
NCB 72399 12 ton Mineral Wagon A 5-plank coal wagon, registered by the LMS as 239195. Purchased from the National Coal Board at Kilmersdon Colliery, and formerly located at S&DRT Washford.
NCB 72402 13 ton Mineral Wagon A 7-plank coal wagon. No other details known. Purchased from the National Coal Board at Kilmersdon Colliery, and formerly located at S&DRT Washford.
NCB 73031 13 ton Mineral Wagon A 7-plank coal wagon. No other details known. Purchased from the National Coal Board at Kilmersdon Colliery, and formerly located at S&DRT Washford.
NCB 73152 13 ton Mineral Wagon A 7-plank coal wagon. No other details known. Purchased from the National Coal Board at Kilmersdon Colliery, and formerly located at S&DRT Washford.
NCB 79515 12 ton Mineral Wagon A ?-plank coal wagon, built by Cambrian Wagon Works Cardiff. No other details known. Purchased from the National Coal Board at Kilmersdon Colliery, and formerly located at S&DRT Washford.
## Tho Smith & Sons (Rodley) Crane 5t self propelled diesel crane with two ex LNER match trucks. Acquired from Cardiff Docks in 1990. Subsequently transferred away from WSR.

[Return to top]



Comments by email to webmaster at uksteam.info